About Me

My photo
San Antonio, Texas
I am Erica Gonzales, a 24 year old college student attending UTSA, that loves to express myself through writing. Im using this blog as my diary, my escape, and my little paradise. My dream is to become a kinder teacher, just like my mother. I currently have an associate in Arts EC-6th and am a year away from my BA. I'm not afraid of my goals, my dreams, and battling my own deamons. I am thankful for my wonderful family and the friends who believe in me and encourage me to keep sewing.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fabric Coasters Sets of 4 AND Yoyo Magnets

Mod Podge Tile Coasters
I am excited to introduce you to my new little project that I've been working on for the past few days.  FABRIC COASTER SETS OF 4!  I used a tutorial that I found on pinterest.com.  Here is the site, http://www.hostessblog.com/2010/07/diy-tutorial-mod-podge-tile-coasters/

I have the tutorial posted in my Tutorial board.  If you are looking to join pinterest.com, you must be invited to join.  I have 5 free invites if you are interested, let me know and I can send you one :)  This tutorial introduced me to my new favorite crafty material. Mod Podge!  It's an awesome adhesive that dries clear.
Materials Needed:
Mod Podge
paint brush or sponge
E-6000
Plain Tiles 
1 inch hole puncher
felt
Polyurethane Clear Gloss Spry



All I did was with a sponge, place a coat of mod podge on the tile.
Place fabric onto the wet tile


Using a 1 inch hole puncher, cut 4 circles out of black felt
Glue each circle on the bottom side of the tile with E-600


Spray each tile with 2 coats of Polyurethane Clear Gloss Spray


 Here are pics of my new lil beauties.......

***You must wait 6 months before you can put anything HOT on your coasters for the Mod Podge to fully cure***
Still working on a few more sets but heres what I've completed so far.


Since I have the whole summer off, I've tried to spend as much time as I can on my crafty tutorials I've been wanting to try.  
Here are the yoyo magnets that I've been working on as well....
Sorry the pictures are a little dark.  I just added two stronger wattage bulbs in my room but still seems to be a tad dark :/
Well there you have it, my new lil creations!  I'm hoping to start on a few fabric summer wreaths and a queen size quilt with the fabric that I listed prior.  I'm also working on baby wash cloths, blankets, and bibs.  Stay tuned....  
<3, E 

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I wouldn't have though of using fabric on tile -- neat idea!

    ReplyDelete